Servicing & Repairs
We offer a full repair and maintenance service for the general public. The revenue generated from this supports the ongoing core work of the project – helping those less fortunate get out on two wheels.
– We offer this service Monday to Friday 9:00 to 18:00 and Saturday 10:30 to 17:30. Drop in with your bike for a full quote and to book your service!
– We are able to provide a full quote when you drop the bike off. There is no charge for this service. In the case of additional unforeseen work being required, we will always contact you to ensure that you are happy to proceed.
– All bikes repaired by us are given a thorough test ride before being returned to you.
– Where appropriate, we can supply and fit secondhand parts as part of any repair we undertake.“Thanks for the work you did to my much abused and poorly maintained GT Zum. it is smooth and quick again – I’d forgotten how it was once a good bike.
It had been used to pull a tag along for 3 years up hills.”
Kind regards – Graham
Maintenance Packages (prices do not include the price of replacement parts)
Level 1 service (£ 35.00)
• Brakes checked and adjusted
• Gears set up (re-aligning the derailleur if necessary)
• Wheels checked for damage/wear, slight wheel true if necessary
• Tyres inspected and inflated
• Bolts checked
• Frame and forks inspected for damage
• Seat post & quill stem greased
Level 2 Service (£ 50.00)
• As Level 1 plus:
• Drive train taken apart, cleaned and reassembled
• Headset checked for lateral play and adjusted if necessary
• Hubs checked for lateral play and adjusted if necessary
• Our level 2 service also covers the cost of fitting any consumable parts such as brake pads, cables, chains, cassettes etc.
Level 3 Service (£ 75.00)
• As Level 2 plus:
• Bottom Bracket thread re-greased
• Hubs serviced
• Headset serviced
• Our level 3 service also covers the cost of fitting any major parts such as bottom brackets, headsets etc.
Brake Service: £ 18.00
Gear Service: £ 18.00
Puncture: £ 12.00 including new inner tube (£18.00 for rear tubes on e-bikes, hub gears etc.)
Tyre fitting: £ 6.00 (£12.00 for rear tyres on e-bikes, hub gears etc.)
Wheel truing: from £ 17.00
Rear wheel fitting: £ 12.00
Front wheel fitting: £ 6.00
Headset fitting: £ 23.00
Headset service: £ 20.00
Bottom Bracket fitting/re-greasing: £ 20.00
Drive train replacement: £ 25.00 (free on a Level 2)
Chain fitting: £ 8.00 (without a gear service)
Brake bleed: from £ 18.00
Hub Service: £ 15.00
Mudguard/Rack Fitting: £ 12.00/£ 8.00
Bar tape wrapping: £ 5.00
Minimum charge: £ 5.00
Labour: £ 35.00 per hour
All prices are inclusive of VAT at 20%