Here’s how it works…
Bring your bike to fix or for a simple check over at this weekly workshop where womxn share knowledge and skills in a friendly, relaxed atmosphere. No experience necessary!
The workshop is coordinated by an experienced mechanic, but please be aware that this is a skill-sharing session, and our volunteers are not necessarily experts. Volunteers will be on hand to help you mend your bike, teaching you how to check your bike over, which tools to use and how to fix problems. We have a selection of bike maintenance books and resources, as well as internet tutorials, which you are welcome to use and we can guide you through what to search for or refer to. We also have wide range of new and used parts available to buy.
Before you join us, there’s a few things we need you to know…
- The workshops run every Monday evening. We ask that you arrive promptly at 6pm and you will have up to two hours to repair your bike.
- Entry to the workshop costs £5 for up to 1 hour/£8 for 2 hours/£10 for 3 hours.
- This is a DIY and DIT (do it together!) workshop, which means you are expected to work on your own bike, but the coordinator and volunteers are there to help and guide you.
- We are asking everyone to keep 2m apart as much as possible. On occasion, the coordinator and volunteers may need to come closer than 2m to help with your repair.
- Everyone attending the workshop is recommended to wear a face covering unless medical circumstances means you can’t (please inform us of this).
- Finally, if you are displaying any coronavirus symptoms or have been asked to isolate, please don’t come to the workshop!
Womxn’s night is a friendly and inclusive evening, however we understand new environments and new groups of people can feel intimidating. If you are coming along for the first time and feel nervous, get in touch and we would be happy to meet up before hand to help you get settled in, make some hot drinks and have a chat 🙂
By coming to this workshop, you are agreeing to our Terms & Conditions.